STUDYING GENRE

 

  • What kind of movie am I trying to make?
The kind of movie I am trying to make is a Teen Romance/ Drama. I was inspired by the 'To All The Boys I Loved" Sequel and the 13 reasons why series. 
  • What are the basic genre conventions of my movie (themes, style, characters, etc.)?
Teen Dramas/ Romance usually have the same conventions over and over. They look at situations that occur in teenagers' life. There is often an unpopular or 'new kid' in school. But the main thing is there is always a love interest between characters.

  • What do the opening sequences look like in other films of my genre? How does an opening sequence reveal meaning and tone without giving away too much? How much action really happens in the first 2 minutes of a film? Complete a detailed shot-by-shot analysis using screenshots.

Other Opening Scenes usually don't conceal the character but talk about their problem and what their social status is.  When the Character is narrating over the action they are usually telling the audience about their life story. Not Much action happens but they do show a little much of a regular day. 

These Shots of Laura Jean on her regular day to school. The first scene shows her on the bus with her books clenched usually which shows a "nerd".  The Next Scene shows her walking into school which seems she is nervous about her first day. 

  • What are the settings or locations of o\ther films in my genre? Where and when are they often shot?
Typically at school or at a packed place with a bunch of teens hanging out.
  • Who is the intended audience for my film? Why? What are their moviegoing habits? How will I get them to see my movie?
The intended audience our teens who are in high school and can relate to having a crush or some sort of love interest.

  • What do the titles normally look like for films in my genre (style, size, font, etc.)? What kinds of information do I need to include in the titles?
The titles are usually in cursive or bright pink fonts to show love.

  • How are different social groups are normally represented/portrayed, stereotyped, etc. in your genre?


The social groups are also put into the movie genre by sorting them from popular to low class or from nerdy to freaky. They are usually separated in groups by their personality 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LETS TALK

Opening Credits Vs. Title Sequence