LETS TALK



Let’s be honest, I was completely clueless when we first started this project. I didn’t know what I was going to film, what genre I was going to use, or where to start. For a couple of days, I started researching different genres and looking at some movies I have heard of or at least seen. I liked Drama the best so I started envisioning a movie I would watch in my head. What came to mind was a plot similar to a Netflix Original movie called “ To All The Boys I loved”. This movie s labeled as a Teen Drama and personally, I love this movie. When I first thought of it I watched the opening scene of both movies and wrote down some conventions I remember throughout the movie: a love interest, some type of hurt, and a wardrobe change. I instantly thought of a plot where a teenage girl has her heartbroken by her best friend and boyfriend but then becomes the most popular girl in school and finds someone new. Yea I know right… cringy, but since I am only doing the first two minutes of the movie. I searched up conventions of teen dramas and the one convention that stood out to me most was that teen dramas almost always have a narration at the beginning. So I jotted that down and continued to research more conventions and another that stood out was that the personality of every character was different. Which is important to make my main character (me) stand out amongst the other roles. I started to write down stereotypes that I would use but are also mainly used in teen dramas. Here a few listed: Jocks, Popular Girl (Queen Bee), and also a group of mixed individuals know as the “Mixed Bag”. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Credits Vs. Title Sequence